Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Move




It is harder and harder to write these. I think the thought of what is going on makes me crazy and when I sit down to think it all through it really is overpowering.

In any case we have closed the doors at 20 Front Street!!! This week has been set aside for clean up and moving. We have been doing very little of each. Monday I went to check out the situation at what I was assuming would be my job at the Lollipop Tree. I have not heard back from anyone there since. That is really ok because I am only up and around today.

Tuesday was my big dental day. I was to have 4 teeth pulled. As it turned out I only had 3 pulled, the 4th one would require surgery. I tried to get up and do things on Wed. but was in bed for the night by 3:30. Of course that meant I was up by 1:00 and down at the Bean cleaning up. I was home and in bed once again around 4 and up at 7.

I really do not like packing to move. Over the past years I think that I have become very linear. By that I mean everything need to line up. If things are not lined up I get alittle crazy. Like when I am working I start with everything in front of me in a row. As I work it becomes a circle then it is chaos and I have to start all over, put everything away wash up and then start fresh. With moving it isn't that easy. There are 4 different sections and a few counters that need moving. I clear out one spot which fills another so I have to go to work on that then I realize that it is all on the counter and that has to go too. So I move that then I am out of boxes so what do I do? Put everything in an organized way on the counter. Then I take a look at it all and think have I done anything? It just looks like a big mess. So I decide to change the gauze in my mouth and it is really hurting so I sit down and fall asleep.

Today it will me different. My mouth doesn't hurt as much and I am well rested. So by tonight we should be closer to the big move. Speaking of the big move. We have to store things for a few weeks. I have been fortunate enough to get a trailer from Mick construction to store it all in. I will need help loading everything though. So if you are free on Saturday am of Friday please give me a call, 603 822-2593.
I could really use all of you who helped move the fridge in in July!

I guess I am not doing as well as I thought. Time for more Ibuprofen.

1 comment:

Egglady said...

Let's get the community together and move the large stuff at your bidding. Phil, when you know the day and time, will you please post them and that way we can get everyone on board for moving the heavy items. My truck is available as am I.