Monday, December 21, 2009

december


i do not feel like following rules now. that means i am not going to capitalize  or check my spelling!! i am just ;going to type.  I have been sitting here for about 2 hours now. I found this thing to download on the internet a few months back. it is to make a podcast. why would i want to podcast?  I hav no idea.  i think  that it must have something to do with wanting to hear the sound of my own voice, yet i feel uncomfortable hearing my voice.


back to the subject at hand. did you ever want to learn to do someything and tried but just couldn't get it. I can remember learning how to make bread. i just couldn;t get it right. didn't rise high enough it was lopsided, it was un even or to dry. Forget about rolling out a baguette or tieing a not to make a roll. Then one day it just happened. You don't know how, but all of the sudden you are doing it. You wonder what was so hard about doing that.

This morning on my way into work i was talking to my self and thought you have to get a blog out. as i was talking i remembered about this podcast thing. i had tried it once or twice before but it said things that just didn't make sense to me. the site that runs the software is no longer up so i thought oh well it is free i will try anyway, sounds kinda a cool, I can be that talk show host that i always wanted to be.  It was like looking at a foreign language, I would stare at the screen with my mouth open drool coming out and just push buttons. Nothing made sense, what is the point it is just sounds and it doesn't go anywhere. Today was different.  It was like  I could finally see my face in the shirt!!! 

After 2 hours of play ing with it i got it!!! and it is really cool. I feel like i just got my christmas gift and just want to play with it all day. But alas i have spent way to much time on this and now i abslolutely have to start work. If you are curious as to what took me 2 hours to do go here.  I think that i can customize the page, but of course that will be another couple of hours!!


PS  We celebrated six years in business this month. it has been a great six years with lots of changes and growing. Thanks for all of the support we would be nowhere without all of the encouragement and patronage of all. I was thinking about what is my favorite thing about doing this and it is the sounds of a bustling restaurant. While i am cooking and can hear plates clanking people chattering and laughing it warms my heart and makes me know why i am doing this. Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Hi Phil! Wish I could wish you all Merry Christmas in person but this will just have to do! Merry Christmas!