Monday, March 22, 2010

the secret



I must hurry the sun is beginning to come up and I feel like I lose my ability to write then. It is a Monday morning and I have gotten to the bean later than usual. In fact I toyed with the idea of driving in today. I made two moves to the car I even opened the door, but alas felt walking would be a better choice.

I hate to use cliches but Spring is in the air! When I take my first step towards Rollinsford the first sound I hear is of water being pumped from the houses around me. I don't know but for some reason it is always better when you are not alone. It is comforting to know that the water in the basement was not my fault. I move along contently knowing that others are suffering like me.

It is late for me as I make my way toward the Bean. I hear birds chirping and at first it is a nice sound then it gets louder. I wonder where they are and then think people are trying to sleep, this is loud!! So once again I am briefly transported back in time. It is sometime in the 1990's and I am living on the 3rd floor of an old Victorian home, I assume it was at one time the helps quarters. It is up amongst the trees, I am up amongst the trees! For the first time this is where I am called awake by the sounds of birds in the morning. It is cool. I feel so lucky to be here. When winter comes and the sounds subside I find a radio show that starts with the sounds of birds in the morning. It is all beautiful. Then something happens and it is no longer that way. When I hear the sound I get angry I just want to keep sleeping. Cut down these trees so that they will move. I do not have to get up this early stop stop stop!!! This goes on for weeks, then suddenly I do not notice it and carry on as before.

That was my time travel story. This for some reason brings me to the movie/book The Secret. I have not seen nor read it. It's story from what I have heard is something that I have known of since my teen years. I think that it is basically this, If you want it, believe that you should have it then you will have it. This is something that floats in and out of our consciousness. This book was popular a few years ago. It is funny I think that many people saw the power of the secret at first. Believe it and it will be, it is the secret of the universe. Like the birds chirping this secret slowly dissipates and you wake up one morning and it is gone.

This week I think that I have noticed how some people have lots of money. It seems like whatever they do they just make more and more money. I am not talking about friends and neighbors (of mine anyway). I am talking about people like Martha Stewart, Donald Trump and Bill Gates. (In fact I think that it was Windows that got me thinking of this, and how we all feel like we have to buy things produced by them. That is a whole other story though. And now I can tell that my writing powers are waning I am hitting the back button more and more to correct my typing errors, so I must hurry and get this done. If I do I will save the world.) So what do this people have that I/we don't have?

It is very simple they live with the knowledge that they can have and do deserve what they work for. You don't just get it by thinking it though. Your whole being must feel it and live it. You must embrace the power that is life, that is you!! When the sump pumps are pumping feel the power of a problem being fixed. I hope that I will be able to always hear the birds chirping and know what it really means....oh know the sun is up and i cant find the writne keys tho ohik the order is all wrng wjat am O suppsed tp did i get my massege out?

stay tuned...

No comments: