Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not Again


I can't believe it, it has happened again. I set out to write this blog as soon as I got home from work today. The computer was not working properly, Owen was starving, Eliza is in her room wondering about prom, Liz is off working out and I am in charge.
Soup made,Pizza ordered, Eliza hugged (and lectured), computer re-booted. I am in business. We eat and chat. I sit down to do this and of course have to check out facebook and other blogs. Now it is 7:30 and time for me to get ready for bed. Wash up, read and lights out by 8:00.

I am forcing myself to get something written down. Everyday when I leave work I look around me in gratitude. The Black Bean is such a beautiful place. It is not just the space that makes it, it is every person who comes into the space. I thank... , whoever, for giving me this opportunity. I think that when we first re-opened I had reservations about the change in focus. That has subsided and I feel that we are well into establishing ourselves as a destination restaurant. This weekend we had the place blessed and smudged. This was done to bring us and the space's energy into sync. There has been a large amount of craziness surrounding this new space. I hope that this weekends energy work has put it all in its place, the past.

Here is to the future. This week Josh has a few neat things in store for us. Today we enjoyed a Roasted Beet salad. I think that Weds. we will have a grilled chicken with prosciutto and mushrooms. Liz is looking forward to us making her pork and tszaki greek salad. I want the roasted veggie sandwich with pesto sandwich. Also I will attempt to make a Loaf and Ladle bread that I always had a BLT on, Orange Cottage. This week for dessert we will have a peanut butter brownie, chocolate cake Jennifer's Lemon squares and peanut butter and jelly bars!!

Oh yeah it is open studio day on Sat.May 9th. We will be open till 4 !!!. This week also marks the return of Cindy in the kitchen!!! Oh what a wonderful life!!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Hey Phil,

It was great to see you guys on Friday last week. Wish we could have stayed longer and come in more often. The new place is beautiful and you seem so HAPPY! I'll be back in July and will make sure to come in then.

Liza