Thursday, January 15, 2009

finecooking

Ok I get this magazine Fine Cooking. It is a terrific publication. They have a challenge in it this month, cook the magazine. Great that sounds fun. So I start out and make a sandwich, I take a picture and I go to submit it. I find myself at a different website? Still Fine Cooking but it is like last months issue? I try to get on at work same thing but I am logged in, you know the" Hi Philip" at the top of the page. I can't find where to talk about my experience? I try re-signing in. It wants money? I have been a member for a few months now, I think, I get e-mails, I get recipes so I must have a membership. So I guess the challenge is probably some hoax or a way to get people to spend more money at the site. I am going to do it here.


Turkey Reubens





,,
You can get the recipe, if you like, at their website finecooking.com, I think it is there?
In any case the sandwich was nothing special. The components of the sandwich were all good. I like a sandwich with coleslaw. I think a regular cole slaw would have worked better, I like Kentucky Fried Chickens cole slaw!! The russian dressing used here was great, some sun dried tomato with mayo thing. When put all together and grilled with the mayo on the bread it was somewhat lacking. I have decided that no matter how nicely brown mayo on the outside of a grilled sandwich looks I do not like the taste. I had made an extra sandwich for Dean. He never came by and 2 days later I brought it to work. No mayo on the outside and the sandwich was much better. All in all I would prefer the traditional reuben. IN fact I think Saturday that is what we will have for lunch!
For diinner we will be having the cover recipe Chicken with shallots and Pancetta.

I can't seem to not mention mayo!!

4 comments:

Jay Dee Aytch said...

phil, i need another invite. it says i took too long and it expired...pssssh.

Unknown said...

We miss you ... desperately.
Dennis and Pat

Unknown said...

PHIL! Hey, it's your long lost pal freezing her tail off in the hills of Vermont! I found this link and thought of you...not because you screw up cakes ever, but because we talked about cake writing...and I thought you'd get a chuckle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/4401631/Cake-Wrecks-when-professional-cakes-go-horribly-hilariously-wrong.html

Enjoy :)

PS How are things? That last post (the one before this) made me want to kick some butt. Lemme know if you need a dash of my intimidation factor :)

jwinklerwilliamson said...

Phil! We miss you so much! When is the new Bean opening????

Love,
Jennifer, Tom, Asher, and Phoebe