Friday, March 21, 2008

blah blah blah

Harbinger of Spring





Oh boy what a week, a very trying week. It started with running out of oil on Saturday. I was not going to pay extra to have them come on the weekend, besides I couldn't afford the minumum 100 gallons at $3.79. So being resourcefull I did have $20 bucks on me and they sell k-1 right around the corner and naturally I have a container specifically for this purpose (like this is the first time this has happened). I did this for 3days. It was a pain but to be honest I got a charge out of doing this. There is something enpowering about being resourceful, so what if it made my life more difficult! and cost more. Oh and I ran out again and wasn't able to shave for work on Tuesday. That made three days of growth for opening. I did not look my best.



As the work week got underway the drama of living with a 14 year old daughter was very apparent. To resolve the big problem the following days would have to be re-organized, it is St. Patrick's day and Easter week. It is cold and snowy and Mrs. Roach is having a book signing, fortune telling evening at the Black Bean. My tooth hurts and everyone wants to get paid. Spiderman 3 came from netflix on Wed. Liz and Eliza are getting colds and of course the drama of being is still going on.



So much going on in my head by the time Thurs (my half day) rolls by it is over before it has really gotten started. Liz isn't feeling well. More school drama, project is due things to buy and make and business has been extremely slow. Friday can't sleep. Went into work at 11:30. Liz not feeling well (it is Friday), I was suddenly feeling better.

The evening at work went well. Just had the hot cross buns to put in the oven and I was done. So I took a nap. Set the timer and reset the timer and reset the timer. What is that I see oh no it is sunlight oopps the hot cross buns. I got them in a nick of time well maybe a little late.

Time to make the switch and Liz to start work. Not an easy transition for her (she overslept). As far as I was concerned it was done and my time off was now mine. There were no problems. Everything went smoothly. As did Saturday and now Sunday. Spring is here, the sun is shining (it is a little cold though), life is good. It must have been the moon shifting it is all better now. Maybe it wasn't the moon maybe it was the rabbit shortbread cookies or it might have been the grilled pb&j sandwich I had at the Bean on Wed.

Enough for now.

Phil

6 comments:

AA said...

I missed the grilled PB&J!? When will it be back?

I detected a hint of optimism in your post, Phil. How odd.

Egglady said...

Did you shave yet?

the organizer said...

I'm glad to know I am not the only one to cause you stress! Shaving is a good thing for you. Smile
the organizer

Susan Schwake said...

oh this is wonderful! so glad you have a blog phil... i will link up to it over at my blog too.
best wishes,
susan

Megs said...

Dad this is a great site. When did you start doing Friday night dinner?

Megs said...

Dad I love the site. When did you start doing Friday night dinner? Hopefully I'll get to stop by soon.